RESERVATION, CANCELLATION & TRANSFER POLICIES
• 50% non refundable retainer required to secure space. The balance must be paid 60 days prior to class.
• The Quintessential Cake reserves the right to alter or cancel a class. If a class is cancelled for any reason a choice of rescheduling or full refund will be given. If a class is altered in anyway, the class will still proceed.
• Cancellations are not refundable.
• At the discretion of The Quintessential Cake Reservations may be transferred to another available class by the same instructor if more than 7 days’ notice is given.
• If you cannot make it to your reserved class, you are welcome to send someone in your place.
• Minimum numbers apply to run classes. If minimum numbers are not met, the class will be cancelled. At least 48 hours’ notice will be given and a choice of rescheduling or a full refund will be offered.
• If a class is cancelled, The Quintessential Cake is not responsible for any costs, damages or expenses that you may suffer or incur. this includes, but is not limited to, travel expenses, flights and hotels. Amount of refund is limited to the cost of the class only.
• You are responsible for calendaring payment deadlines.
• We reserve the right to cancel orders due to late or non-payment. Retainer is non refundable.
• We are happy to accept payments on the final contract price – however, all monies must be received one month prior to the event or your cake/items will not be made and all payments made will be non-refundable. A nominal extra fee will apply to cover the extra bank fees. call us to discuss.
• Please inform us of any dietary requirements when making a booking. The Quintessential Cake is not an allergen-free environment and while we will make every effort, we cannot accommodate dietary requirements in all cases.
• Please note | adult classes are not suitable for infants or children of any age.
• Unless the class is specified as a children’s class, unaccompanied class attendees must be 16 years of age or older.
• Photographs may be taken during the classes and used for marketing or promotional purposes. Photos of children will only be used by us with the consent of a parent or guardian. If you do not want us to use photos of you, please let us know.
• Classes will start on time. It is best to arrive 10 minutes early (no more than 20 minutes please) so that none of the class is missed.
• The Quintessential Cake instructors and staff reserve the right to refuse anyone who is intoxicated or behaving erratically, or exhibiting threatening or unruly behaviour.
Note | Parking: There is limited on site, however there is metered parking Front Street.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
• When participating in a The Quintessential Cake class or event, whereby the student/participant will be in the presence of or using sharp or potentially dangerous kitchen utensils and appliances, the student releases, indemnifies and excludes Victoria Greatrix, The Quintessential Cake Inc and its contractors and employees from any and all liability of any kind for any damage or injury incurred while attending or visiting The Quintessential Cake. The student/participant understands these terms and conditions and accepts the inherent risks of a kitchen environment when they make a full payment for a class or event.
• The Quintessential Cake will take all necessary care, but accepts no responsibility for the damage to or loss of property left in the venue prior to, during or after a class or event. The Quintessential Cake is not responsible for the loss or damage of personal items in any form.
• The student or event organiser may be held financially responsible for any damage to or loss of The Quintessential Cake property during the class or event.
• All class hand-outs, materials and contents of our classes are not to be in any way copied, reproduced, revised and retaught by attendees. However, we are happy that all the techniques learned from our classes be applied to your personal or business use in terms of cake decorating or selling cakes.
• The information provided to us will not be given to a third party without your consent or unless legally required.
• By booking a class or event, you are agreeing to let us contact you via e-mail and/or phone in regards to your booking.